Can you see my smile? I am extremely excited. I am returning to Mazatlan to attend its Temporada
Primavera and specifically the Dia de la Musica (Day of Music). I will be attending as an invited guest and participating with fellow travel bloggers on a five day/ four night long weekend adventure this June 6th-10th. Here is an overview of what is planned.
Our Planned Activities
Mazatlan offers adventure and culture to its visitors. Our group will be partaking in these activities in Mazatlan and more…
- Huana Coa Adventure. The adventure outfitter provides the availability to zip-line on a canopy adventure or take an ATV tour. Afterwards there is always the tour and tasting at the blue agave distillery – Los Osunas
- City Tour on the FunBus. I will be spending an afternoon visiting Old Town. We will explore the Malecon, Historic District, Angela Peralta Theater, Museo Arquelogia, Museo de Arte, and Casa Hass
- Bay Cruise aboard Kolonahe Trimaran. An open bar cruise through the Bay with a stop on Deer Island for relaxation, lunch and some water sport activities(snorkeling, kayaking and banana boat riding)
Our Restaurant Reservations
No trip to Mexico is complete with out enjoying the cuisine. And with a return to Mazatlan, I definitely look forward to tasting the fresh seafood especially its famous shrimp and the freshest oysters. Some places include:
- Shrimp Bucket – The original Senor Frogs restaurant (Senor Frogs started in Mazatlan) will provide shrimp every which way and I plan to try a few methods.
- Pedro & Lola’s. Located in the heart of Old Town, the Plaza Machado, here you enjoy the views, the vibe of the square, and the meal.
- La Casa Country Although Mazatlan is famous for its seafood, the state of Sinaloa (Mazatlan is in Sinaloa) is also know for cattle. It will be pleasant to try a steak.
- La Puntilla. Located on the water, the seafood is fresh and I look forward to returning to sample its ceviche.
We will be staying at the El Cid Marina and Beach Resort. Personally, I look forward to returning here, it is a unique property in the Golden Zone because it includes a marina. Also, we will visit the Pueblo Bonito at Emerald Bay, and Hotel Playa Mazatlan for breakfast.
Of course the agenda is packed. Plus we will be also meeting many local artists, expats who call Mazatlan home, and select travel industry folks. So, if you need any questions answered, let me know below. And if you are on twitter you can also follow us. We will be using the #goMazatlan and #WeVisitMexico hashtags.